As soon as once more, it’s time to seek out the most powerful guy at the face of the earth. The forty fifth annual Global’s Most powerful Guy (WSM) can be working from Tuesday, Would possibly 24 via Sunday, Would possibly 29, with a one-day ruin between the Qualifying Level and the Finals. The largest tournament in power sports activities is being held on the … Learn extra
The put up 2022 Global’s Most powerful Guy Effects and Leaderboard gave the impression first on Breaking Muscle.
As soon as once more, it’s time to seek out the most powerful guy at the face of the earth. The forty fifth annual Global’s Most powerful Guy (WSM) can be working from Tuesday, Would possibly 24 via Sunday, Would possibly 29, with a one-day ruin between the Qualifying Level and the Finals. The largest tournament in power sports activities is being held on the Capitol Mall in Sacramento, CA.
Breaking Muscle can be persistently updating this effects web page to stay you on best of the entire motion all over this 12 months’s contest. There is not any livestream of the development. Then again, WSM is providing a post-show that includes effects and interviews with athletes, hosted through former WSM competitor Terry Hollands.
Editor’s Observe: Effects are from our reliable reporter in attendance. Those effects will have to now not be regarded as ultimate till after the Global’s Most powerful Guy Fb Reside demonstrate: Backstage Live! Presented by The Beard Struggle, which airs all over the contest.
2022 WSM Leaderboard
|1||Tom Stoltman — United Kingdom||24|
|2||Kevin Faires — USA||18|
|3||Gabriel Rheaume — Canada||16|
|4||Aivars Smaukstelis — Latvia||13|
|5||Andy Black — United Kingdom||7|
|6||Manuel Angulo — Chile||3|
|1||Mitchell Hooper — Canada||22.5|
|2||Bobby Thompson — USA||17|
|3||Brian Shaw — USA||13.5|
|4||Gabriel Pena — Mexico||11|
|5||Konstantine Janashia — Georgia||10|
|6||Mark Felix — Canada||9|
|1||Oleksii Novikov — Ukraine||21.5|
|2||Adam Bishop — United Kingdom||16|
|3||Trey Mitchell — USA||15.5|
|4||Rob Kearney — USA||14|
|5||Grzegorz Szymanski — Poland||9|
|6||Mika Törrö — Finland||8|
|1||Martins Licis — USA||21.5|
|2||Maxime Boudreault — Canada||17|
|3||Pavlo Kordiyaka — Ukraine||16.5|
|4||Gavin Bilton — United Kingdom||15|
|5||Nedžmin Ambešković — Bosnia and Herzegovina||6|
|6||Shane Vegetation — United Kingdom (withdrawn)||6|
|1||Luke Stoltman — United Kingdom||23|
|2||Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — Iceland||16|
|3||Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf — France||15|
|4||Kelvin De Ruiter — Netherlands||11|
|5||Evan Singleton — USA||9.5|
|6||Kim Ujarak Lorentzen — Greenland||9|
2022 WSM Day Two
Sacramento’s climate has taken a dip into the high-70s, in comparison to the day past’s 100-degree warmth, however competition won’t have time to note. They’ll be targeted at the automotive stroll and log elevate — two vintage WSM occasions.
Automobile Stroll Effects
Competition stepped into the middle of a roofless, hollowed-out automotive set round a yoke-style bar. They then carried the 430kg (950-pound) automobile 20 meters (66 toes) as briefly as imaginable.
Sadly, Shane Vegetation withdrew because of an obvious foot or ankle harm sustained right through the Loading Race on Day One. Whilst he confirmed the grit of a champion in finishing the day past’s Deadlift Ladder as nicely, he used to be not able to proceed competing on Day Two and has withdrawn from his first look on the WSM.
- Tom Stoltman — 0:14.65s
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 0:16.44s
- Kevin Faires — 0:19.32s
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 0:19.91s
- Andy Black — 0:32.71s
- Manuel Angulo — 1:00.00s
- Mitchell Hooper — 0:11.64s
- Mark Felix — 0:13.96s
- Bobby Thompson — 0:16.05s
- Konstantine Janashia — 0:18.16s
- Brian Shaw — 0:19.97s
- Gabriel Peña — 18.90m (Didn’t end path)
- Rob Kearney — 0:11.63s
- Grzegorz Szymanski — 0:14.26s
- Oleksii Novikov — 0:15.23s
- Trey Mitchell — 0:19.24s
- Adam Bishop — 0:23.38s
- Mika Törrö — 9.50m (Didn’t end path)
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 0:12.92s
- Martins Licis — 0:18.93s
- Gavin Bilton — 0:23.67s
- Maxime Boudreault — 0:49.28s
- Nedžmin Ambešković — 13.60m (Didn’t end path)
- Shane Vegetation — Withdrawn
- Evan Singleton — 0:09.86s
- Luke Stoltman — 0:16.65s
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 0:29.07s
- Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf — 0:41.34s
- Kelvin De Ruiter — 1:00.00s
- Kim Ujarak — 11.40m (Didn’t end path)
Log Elevate Effects
This time-honored tournament first gave the impression within the 1980 WSM contest. On this 12 months’s problem, competition must elevate the 145kg (320-pound) log from the bottom to overhead for as many reps as imaginable throughout the 75-second point in time.
With the temperature spiking well-above 100 levels, the log itself has develop into heated and easily conserving the load for the period has develop into a problem for lots of competition. Tournament organizers were conserving the log lined in an try to supply colour and make the development a take a look at of power quite than ache tolerance.
- Tom Stoltman — 8 reps
- Kevin Faires — 7 reps
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 6 rep
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 4 reps
- Andy Black — No reps
- Manuel Angulo — No reps
- Bobby Thompson — 8 reps
- Mitchell Hooper — 7 reps
- Brian Shaw — 7 reps
- Konstantine Janashia — 5 reps
- Gabriel Peña — 1 rep
- Mark Felix — No reps
- Oleksii Novikov — 9 reps
- Trey Mitchell — 9 reps
- Adam Bishop — 7 reps
- Rob Kearney — 6 reps
- Grzegorz Szymanski — 3 reps
- Mika Törrö — 2 reps
- Maxime Boudreault — 10 reps
- Martins Licis — 9 reps
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 9 reps
- Gavin Bilton — 7 reps
- Nedžmin Ambešković — 2 reps
- Shane Vegetation — Withdrawn
- Luke Stoltman — 10 reps
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 8 reps
- Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf — 7 reps
- Kim Ujarak — 6 reps
- Kelvin De Ruiter — 1 rep
- Evan Singleton — 1 rep
2022 WSM Day One Effects
With Sacramento temperatures over 100 levels, heavy weights and fierce competitors weren’t the one hindrances to profitable these days’s two occasions — a loading race and a deadlift ladder. Listed here are the consequences from each and every aggressive Workforce, together with each and every athlete’s effects, corresponding time, and putting throughout the tournament.
Loading Race Effects
Competition finished a loading race touring 8 meters whilst wearing 5 separate implements — a 220-pound “cannonball” atlas stone, a 265-pound keg, a 275-pound anvil, and two Rogue sandbags weighing just below 300 kilos each and every.
Evan Singleton perceived to undergo an harm right through the development and first of all withdrew from pageant, marking the 3rd consecutive 12 months his WSM contest used to be interrupted (after tearing his biceps in 2020 and catching a abdomen virus in ’21). Then again, he used to be later cleared to proceed competing.
- Tom Stoltman — 5 implements, 38.39 seconds
- Kevin Faires — 5 implements, 43.36 seconds
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 5 implements, 44.37 seconds
- Andy Black —5 implements, 50.81 seconds
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 5 implements, 53.39 seconds
- Manuel Angulo — 4 implements, 70 seconds
- Mitchell Hooper — 5 implements, 38.31 seconds
- Brian Shaw — 5 implements, 45 seconds
- Gabriel Peña — 5 implements, 45.88 seconds
- Konstantine Janashia — 5 implements, 49.47
- Bobby Thompson — 5 implements, 49.70 seconds
- Mark Felix — 5 implements, 54.96 seconds
- Oleksii Novikov — 5 implements, 37.25 seconds
- Adam Bishop — 5 implements, 45.85 seconds
- Mika Törrö — 5 implements, 47.84 seconds
- Trey Mitchell — 5 implements, 48.76 seconds
- Rob Kearney — 5 implements, 54.62 seconds
- Grzegorz Szymanski — 4 implements, 29.89 seconds
- Martins Licis — 5 implements, 37.73 seconds
- Maxime Boudreault — 5 implements, 40.68 seconds
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 5 implements, 43.70 seconds
- Gavin Bilton — 5 implements, 45.76 seconds
- Shane Vegetation — 5 implements, 48.70 seconds
- Nedžmin Ambešković — One enforce, 10.2 seconds
- Luke Stoltman — 5 implements, 37.95 seconds
- Kelvin De Ruiter — 5 implements, 39.18 seconds
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 5 implements, 49.69 seconds
- Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf — 5 implements, 52.70 seconds
- Evan Singleton — 5 implements, 1:08 (withdrawn)
- Kim Ujarak — 4 implements, 34.49 seconds
Deadlift Ladder Effects
The deadlift ladder is a significant take a look at of power, staying power, and fortitude. The competition have been challenged to accomplish one deadlift the usage of 5 steadily heavier barbells — 300 kilograms (660 kilos), 320kg (705 kilos), 340kg (750 kilos), 360kg (795 kilos), and in spite of everything 380kg (840 kilos).
Shane Vegetation had a bandage carried out to his foot and ankle after his ultimate deadlift try, in all probability associated with an harm initiated after the Loading Race tournament previous within the day.
- Tom Stoltman — 5 reps in 0:51.46s
- Kevin Faires — 4 reps in 0:45.89s
- Gabriel Rhéaume — 4 reps in 0:39.40s
- Aivars Šmaukstelis — 4 reps in 0:55.91s
- Andy Black —4 reps in 1:02.30s
- Manuel Angulo — 3 reps in 0:38.62s
- Mitchell Hooper — 5 reps in 0:31.21s
- Bobby Thompson — 5 reps in 0:42.56s
- Gabriel Peña — 5 reps in 0:52.53s
- Mark Felix — 4 reps in 0:28.64s
- Brian Shaw — 4 reps in 0:32.20s
- Konstantine Janashia — 3 reps in 0:19.05s
- Oleksii Novikov — 5 reps in 0:35.64s
- Adam Bishop — 5 reps in 0:37.44s
- Trey Mitchell — 5 reps in 0:59.00s
- Rob Kearney — 4 reps in 0:41.28s
- Mika Törrö — 2 reps in 0:26.65s
- Grzegorz Szymanski — 2 reps in 0:26.91s
- Martins Licis — 5 reps in 0:43.59s
- Gavin Bilton — 5 reps in 0:52.28s
- Shane Vegetation — 4 reps in 0:36.69s
- Maxime Boudreault — 3 reps in 0:21.12s
- Pavlo Kordiyaka — 3 reps in 0:38.50s
- Nedžmin Ambešković — 3 reps in 0:45.45s
- Luke Stoltman — 4 reps in 0:42.87s
- Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf — 4 reps in 0:53.87s
- Kim Ujarak — 4 reps in 0:56.48s
- Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — 3 reps in 0:40.88s
- Kelvin De Ruiter — 3 reps in 0:56.44s
- Evan Singleton — (withdrawn)
2022 WSM Occasions
Right here’s the whole agenda for the contest, together with the three-day Qualifiers and the two-day Ultimate.
Qualifying Spherical — Day One
- Loading Race
- Deadlift Ladder
Qualifying Spherical — Day Two
- Automobile Stroll
- Log Elevate
Qualifying Spherical — Day 3
- Wrecking Ball Dangle
- Stone Off
[Rest Day/No Events]
Ultimate — Day One
- KNAACK Large’s Medley
- Flintstone Barbell
Ultimate — Day Two
- Bus Pull
- Reign Overall Frame Gasoline Energy Stairs
- Atlas Stones
2022 WSM Competitor Withdrawals
Whilst 30 males certified to go into this 12 months’s WSM, sudden eventualities can happen. Right here’s an inventory of the competition who’ve withdrawn from the competition.
- Peiman Maheripourehir: Because of visa problems.
- Rauno Heinla: No reason why specified, doable harm in coaching.
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski: Leg harm right through coaching.
- Pa O’Dwyer: No reason why specified.
- Shane Vegetation: Damage sustained on Day One, withdrew after making an attempt to proceed on Day Two.
How Strongman is Scored
Scoring issues in aggressive strongman occasions pertains to the entire box of competition. First position can earn as many issues as there are competition, and issues descend accordingly.
Within the Qualifying level, you’ll earn a most of six issues as a result of there are six athletes in each and every staff. First position will get six issues; moment will get 5, and so forth. Within the Finals, there can be 10 competition in overall, so first position earns 10 issues; moment will get 9; 3rd will get 8; and so forth.
Within the tournament of any tied rankings, issues are break up frivolously. If two athletes tie for moment, you could upload up the second one and 3rd position issues and divide through two. As an example, within the WSM Finals, if two athletes tie for moment position, they might each and every earn 8.5 issues (9 plus 8 divided through two).
Featured Symbol: Global’s Most powerful Guy
The put up 2022 World’s Strongest Man Results and Leaderboard gave the impression first on Breaking Muscle.